Washed Out's Ernest Greene on stepping out from behind the computer
The first half of 2014 will see Washed Out touring nearly non-stop, including an appearance at Coachella. He's ready for it. He's energized by Paracosm, with its warm, lush instrumentation, its constructed sense of escapism — the album's title itself refers to the concept of a fantasy world. That correlates heavily with the newer record's vibrant visual art, he says, as opposed to the stark white design of 2011's Within & Without.
"This newer stuff is a lot more vibrant-feeling, so the colors seem to suit it well," he says. "It's all about the music. That will lead the way most of the time."
Jan 28-29, 8pm $25
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- What a ridiculous argument - - March 12, 2014
- Probably nothing more to it than just an accident; - March 12, 2014
- Insurance - March 12, 2014
- Time to fess up. Greg, - March 12, 2014
- No, it was caused by an Uber - March 12, 2014
- Steven, do you understand the difference between an idea and the - March 12, 2014
- Newsflash to wired guy and - March 12, 2014
- Wait, I thought the fire was caused by a google shuttle bus? - March 12, 2014
- Inside insurance jobs happen durtng down RE markets. - March 12, 2014
- The progressive theory is that new homes increases rents and - March 12, 2014