TABLEHOPPING Fill ’er up -- we’re taking a long (but worthy) journey to this Sonoma hotspot.
As for where to stay, if your budget allows (or maybe you're there mid-week), h2hotel (219 Healdsburg Ave, Healdsburg. www.h2hotel.com) is the spot. It has a natural-modern style, and is very eco (it's LEED-certified). See if you can get a room with a deep Japanese-style soaking tubs. There's a solar-heated pool in the back, and the downstairs bar (Spoonbar) is tops — you can just stumble upstairs to bed when it's time to call it a night.
There are plenty of shops to browse — cute vintage shop Seahoney is a must — and tasting rooms dot the town: The new Cartograph (340 Center, Healdsburg. www.cartographwines.com) features some nice, cool climate pinots, and the food and wine pairings at Partake by K-J (241 Healdsburg Ave, Healdsburg. www.partakebykj.com) highlight produce sourced from its own farm and are really well thought-out, enough so to squelch any suspicion that you're just getting a run-of-the-mill touristy experience.
Last tip: Be sure to grab a donut-muffin from Downtown Bakery & Creamery (308A Center, Healdsburg. www.downtownbakery.net), a perfect companion for wine-tasting jaunts.
Most Commented On
- The bike lanes are actually - July 25, 2014
- Sure, if I scaled back my life, I would drive less - July 25, 2014
- You benefit from vehicles and roads even if you do not own a car - July 25, 2014
- LOL, so I have to produce evidence but you do not? - July 25, 2014
- yUomWWJqsFXwS - July 25, 2014
- Local journalists starting to catch onto Airbnb's subversion of - July 25, 2014
- My stars! - July 25, 2014
- Very Good Site - July 25, 2014
- Reading Comprehension Much? - July 24, 2014
- Damn The TL Is Wealthy - July 24, 2014