Spring is giving us more than daffodils with all kinds of new openings, from barbecue to bacon to oysters to octopus.
SoMa workers and dwellers have a swell new spot to get their coffee, breakfast (broken farro porridge, house-made muffins), sandwiches (bacon-wrapped meatloaf, or a roasted mushroom sandwich with Swiss cheese, spinach, and garlic), salads, and more. Lauren Kino of Il Cane Rosso (home of the best egg salad sandwich in town) has opened Fearless (303 Second St., SF; www.fearlesscoffee.com), serving you Mon–Fri 7am–5pm and Sat–Sun 8am–3pm. And looking very, very close is Outerlands (4001 Judah, SF; www.outerlandssf.com), due to open at some point this week, but we'll save the details about the new chef (Greg Kuzia-Carmel), menu, and more until next week's column. Because really, you have enough to keep you busy here, doncha? *
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
Most Commented On
- Even the U.N. Relief and - July 24, 2014
- Hamas purposefully targets - July 24, 2014
- Neighborhood NIMBYs again - July 24, 2014
- OCaJXcLIYWxevlDY - July 24, 2014
- Legendary San Francisco football pub - July 24, 2014
- It isn't just book stores. - July 24, 2014
- BDS has been an abject failure - July 24, 2014
- home Design - July 24, 2014
- Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank are not citizens - July 24, 2014
- Your article shows you have a - July 24, 2014