-- The 2014 Music Video Race, the competition that pairs local bands with filmmakers for the 48-hour speed-creation of music video magic, is now accepting applications from musicians and filmmakers. The filmmaking weekend is July 11-13, and the screening/party, due to popular demand, has been upgraded to The Independent on July 20. Yours truly will be one of the judges, so, er, make this tough for me.
-- The Stern Grove Festival, AKA one of the few summer festivals that delivers killer live performances without killing your hopes of ever sending your unborn kids to college, announced this year's lineup of Sunday afternoon shows. For the low price of zero dollars, you'll get such heavy hitters as Smokey Robinson, Rufus Wainwright, Andrew Bird, Darlene Love, Allen Stone, and plenty of other local stars, like LoCura, Vetiver, and, of course, the SF Symphony. Pack a picnic, bring a jacket (this is summer in San Francisco, after all) and get there early if you actually want to see the stage.
-- Here is an insane new video from A Million Billion Dying Suns:
-- Best rap feud ever.
Most Commented On
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 30, 2014
- Burr I can feel the cold of summer - July 30, 2014
- C'mon, Peter, admit that the - July 30, 2014
- RXkuRYOfgqUTIRXxZQyN - July 30, 2014
- The mayor is simply marshalling the troops and - July 30, 2014
- It was always too precious and too ideological - July 30, 2014
- Yes, starve the beast - July 30, 2014
- It is more a political problem i.e. that the city will not let - July 30, 2014
- Good riddance to the 50 year - July 30, 2014
- Have we learned nothing from the past? - July 30, 2014