Thanks to a glitch in Ticketmaster's system (or a human who works for Ticketmaster who is now having a very bad day), we got the lineup for this year's Treasure Island Music Festival (Oct. 18 and 19) a little earlier than promoters Another Planet Entertainment were planning on announcing it. [Update as of noon-ish: The lineup's now on the festival's official website, too.] Here we go:
TV On the Radio
The New Pornographers
With the exception of Painted Palms and Waters (good on ya, boys), it's a pretty non-local crowd -- but otherwise a pleasant mix of electronic and indie/garagey kids, which is of course in line with the crowd the festival usually draws. And if you missed Outkast at Coachella and BottleRock (where they were somewhat disappointing and excellent, respectively), well, here's your next chance. At this point, honestly, we just hope it's warmer than last year, because the chilled-to-the-bone memory of chugging overpriced wine and wondering if our hands would ever regain feeling again while waiting for Beck to come on is still alarmingly fresh.
Tickets go on sale this Thursday at 10am. Other thoughts on the lineup, folks?
Most Commented On
- rElzPacXAL - July 31, 2014
- XOBnrkqANUIVqf - July 31, 2014
- Robyn + Röyskopp + Pride = lots and lots of glitter - July 31, 2014
- One Lorde to rule them all: An evening at the Fox with one - July 31, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- Refugee children crossing the border for a better life - July 31, 2014
- The city population stays about the same - July 31, 2014
- How to survive as an artist in SF's 'new economy' - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014
- I went to college with some of them in the 80's - July 31, 2014