A cloud of gloom settled over San Francisco's cloisters when the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence's annual Hunky Jesus contest was rained out on Easter weekend. But rejoice, disciples -- the deeply irreligious happenings have a new home. Gather your tithes, it's not gonna be free this time around.
The Sisters have chosen to alight upon DNA Lounge for the resurrection, and will be charging at the door on a sliding scale -- online tickets are retailing for $8 at the "apostle" level, $12 for "prophets," and $17 for those who consider themselves worthy of paying at the "messiah" level. (We expect that the Sisters would encourage all to do so.) UPDATE: Sister Connie Pinko tells us that no one will be turned away for lack of funds, but dig deep kiddos.
What's the cash going to pay for? Well your favorite maternal order, obviously. Briefly peruse the Sisters' history if you need a reminder of how amazingly revolutionary and crazy these queens are. Plus, New York recording artist Love Charisse will be on hand and, DJs -- the nature of whom are as yet unannounced. UPDATE: Today's press release from the Sisters says music will be provided by the Go Bang! crew, and burlesque by Dottie Lux of Red Hots Burlesque.
Just remember to use your inside -- voices. "No nudity or simulated sex acts allowed since this event is being held in a bar," reminds the Sisters' website. Can't get crazy like you can at public parks, now. (Even though DNA's doing a good job of refusing SFPD its Big Brother tendencies.)
Hunky Jesus Contest
April 19, 8pm, $8-$17 presale, $10-20 door
375 11th St., SF
Most Commented On
- Bizzzzzzz.... - July 25, 2014
- Marcos is just pissed that - July 25, 2014
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014
- PY, you're up early today! - July 25, 2014
- soccercomplex - July 25, 2014
- Say what? Maybe you should be - July 25, 2014
- The US government is morally bankrupt - July 25, 2014
- the heat in Walnut Creek - July 25, 2014
- Troll, why do you hate America? - July 25, 2014
- Hey, just because she is a Jewish "writer", it does not follow - July 25, 2014