I have friends in the Gun Left, and even a few in the Gun Right, who firmly believe that they have to have a large collection of dangerous weapons so that when the Forces of Repression or the International Socialist Order come marching up to their doors to lock them up in concentration camps, they can fight back for their freedom. Like this, I guess.
Only: The dozen or so rifles in your closet won't do much good up against the US Army, if that's who you fear -- and if you fear the International Socialist Order, relax: You'll get free health care.
Of course, we all know that the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, so: We need armed guards in every office building, and in every urologist's office, and on the streets of Chicago. Wait -- we already have cops in Chicago. And in Oakland. And still.
Most Commented On
- Suggested to Tim a long time - June 19, 2013
- Every newspaper is owned by someone who wants to skew - June 19, 2013
- There are viable progressive - June 19, 2013
- An oil baron does have reason to want to own media - June 19, 2013
- Nobody was stiffed - it was "at will" employment. - June 19, 2013
- Ann, calling political opponents "trolls" is a big mistake. - June 19, 2013
- Why do you claim that SFBG endorsements have had influence? - June 19, 2013
- You're right - June 19, 2013
- Yes, why was the Bay Guardian stiffing freelancers? - June 19, 2013
- Why do you find that grim, Ann? - June 19, 2013